Knoxville White Collar Crimes Lawyers
Tennessee White Collar Crime Laws
White collar crimes typically refer to crimes committed in a corporate setting. These charges usually involve crimes such as embezzlement, fraud, bribery, and forgery, and they are taken seriously. There are even many cases that are prosecuted as federal offenses, which usually carry stricter penalties than state offenses. Though the charges are serious, you can significantly impact the outcome of your case by hiring an attorney who is skilled and experienced in white collar crime defense.
At Eldridge & Blakney, our team of trusted white collar crime attorneys in Knoxville work as a team to build a solid defense strategy for every client. We are committed to helping out clients see their cases through to the end. Fighting the charges against you is only half the battle, we also work to protect your reputation and find an outcome that can protect your future.
Discuss your case with an Eldridge & Blakney lawyer during a free initial consultation. Call (865) 544-2010 today to get started.
Types of White Collar Crimes
White collar crimes can be complex and having an understanding of business practices and government law are crucial to defending these cases. You need a lawyer who has been trained in these types of cases and knows where to start looking into order to build your defense. Following paper trails and reviewing financial reports are often crucial to the outcome of the case. Our firm has a dedicated team who can assist in this process. Even when the workload seems staggering, our knowledgeable and diligent staff will go above and beyond to make sure our defense strategy is sufficiently prepared.
White collar crime charges may include:
- Blackmail - to threaten the exposure of a person's personal information for the purpose of gain
- Fraud - illegal deception for the purpose of gain, usually financially
- Forgery - the act of producing a false copy of an important document, signature, etc.
- Counterfeiting - to imitate something illegally, usually money
- Racketeering - a continuous criminal operation in which a person is illegally gaining funds as a way of "business"
- Embezzlement - the act of an employee stealing funds from their employer
- Perjury - the act of willfully swearing a false oath
- Ponzi schemes - fraud involving the persuasion of investment of funds into an account which is not yielding true profit
Eldridge & Blakney, PC White Collar Defense Legal Counsel
You need to find an attorney as quickly as possible when charged with white collar crime offenses. However, you also want to make sure you can work well with your legal team and trust them to commit themselves to protecting your best interests. We offer free initial consultations so that you can have a commitment-free opportunity to speak with us and learn more about what we can do for you.
Call (865) 544-2010 to schedule an in-person or over-the-phone consultation at Eldridge & Blakney.
Zach is an amazing attorney who helped put my mind at ease during a difficult time- Tyler B.
Excellent Criminal Defense Lawyer David Eldridge- Satisfied Client
Tasha Carol Blakney is an outstanding defence lawyer who sought the truth and won on my behalf.- Brian M
Trial Test With Over 90 Years of Combined Experience
A Team-Oriented Approach
Client-Focused & Results-Driven
Thousands of Clients Helped